Here is a link to the recording of the North Sails Webinar from 3/27/2020: https://zoom.us/rec/share/6M9lFoy35GFJUJ3z7kuAY6grBajUT6a8gXAX_6UJz0Yb5g...1585337807000 - thanks to Brian Hayes and Zeke Horowitz - next one in about 2 weeks!
WHO WANTS A NEW BOAT? WHO DOESN'T WANT A NEW BOAT?
The Flying Scot ®Sailing Association (FSSA) will be raffling off two (2) new Flying Scot ® sailboats and multiple prizes by June 1st of this year (2020). If you are interested, read on!
Chances for winning two new Flying Scot ® Boats, trailers, and new sails worth approximately $27,400/boat can be purchased at $150 per ticket (5 ticket limit) at the Flying Scot ® Sailing Association on-line store commencing immediately! Those not...Continue Reading...
FSSA is going to be holding a raffle soon and the Grand Prize is a BRAND NEW FLYING SCOT ® - and if we sell enough tickets, we'll be giving away a second boat! There will be other great prizes of gift certificates to our sponsors so winning any of the prizes will be awesome. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Flying Scot ® Foundation. Watch here for information on when the raffle will start and the rules of the game. We hope you win, but if can't wait to see if you win, you can always buy a new boat from our builder Flying Scot, Inc...Continue Reading...
Your Board of Governors is always working behind the scenes on the ideas ad issues that you have brought to them. This is to notify the FSSA class that there have been changes in the bylaws that were approved by the Board of Governors. Contact any of the class BOG for an explanation.
- The class has now sanctioned the Northeast Regional District Championship (NERD), per Article B-X.7.
- FSSA Members are now allowed to charter boats without the 400 mile restriction at the Wife/Husband, Women's NAC, ACC, and NERD nationally sanctioned regattas. The 400 mile restriction...
Flying Scot Midwinter Championship Update
Unfortunately, due to Coronavirus COVID-19 and the recommendations of the CDC, the FSSA has canceled the Midwinter Championships in Fort Walton, Florida scheduled for March 21 – 26.
- The CDC and WHO have, as of yesterday, recognized the C virus as pandemic and now potentially affects everyone not just a limited few countries.
- These health organizations recommend against all non essential traveling (which would include travel to voluntary regattas).
- Regattas have a very “social”...