Welcome to your new FSSA.COM website!
The Flying Scot Sailing Association website has gotten an upgrade. The site has been using a web-based Content Management System for about a year. The goals of the website redesign have been to make it easier to maintain, and easier to share news with our Flying Scot friends. The new look reflects Scots n Water, our class magazine.
The new FSSA website has been improved in many ways, and yet is also a work in progress. The site is designed for active progress forward, and to allow our Members, Fleet Captains, District Governors and Class Officers to add content. As with any new technology, there is a learning curve, for the webmasters and the users. We want to make it as useful and easy as possible.
- The web site style now uses similar colors and style as our venerable magazine Scots n' Water. It should feel like "home" to our membership.
- Easier to use posting methods for upcoming events.
- Detailed National Event information including: NORs, Venue Description, Past Winners, and more are now easy to add. Tutorials have been created to guide Event Coordinators to use the new National Event pages.
- Improved readability and organization of the Forums
- Modern Look and Feel in the organization of the site
- Completely new posting text editor, makes posting easier and the posts look better
- Brand spanking new photo handling including regatta results integration
- Many missing links have been repaired.
- Spam minimization including managed non-member comments and member-only posting.
- Widespread infrastructure cleanup of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Improved search results.
- Most importantly, a lot of behind-the-scenes work, setting the stage for ongoing incremental improvements going forward.
A caveat: The FSSA does not have as many slick programmers as big social media sites. We can use your help to decide what are the most important improvements needed on the web site. We know we have more work to do, and we want to hear your feedback.
The FSSA website can be a great resource for those who own a Flying Scot or are considering getting into Flying Scot Sailing. The freshness and quality of the content depends on all of the thousands of years of collective experience of our membership. Try out the new site. Post some content. Tell us how you like it and how we can improve the experience.
Eric, Glenn, Phil and Diane, your web team.