34th Grand Annual Regatta
NOTICE OF RACE
34th Grand Annual Regatta
October 6-7, 2012
Organizing Authority and Host - Cave Run Sailing Association
Cave Run Lake, Morehead, Kentucky
The Cave Run Sailing Association invites you to join us for our 34th Grand Annual Regatta. Located in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest, the October colors make Cave Run Lake an exceptionally beautiful place to sail.
1. Rules: This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of US Sailing, except as any of these are altered by this NOR or the Sailing Instructions
2. Fleets and Scoring: A minimum of three boats constitutes a one-design fleet. All other boats will compete in the daysailer or cruiser fleets based on Portsmouth handicaps. Scoring will be Low Point Scoring System Appendix A, as amended by the Sailing Instructions. Six races are scheduled over 2 days, depending upon weather conditions. A minimum of one race constitutes a regatta and all races shall be scored.
3. Registration may be by mail using the form on our website www.caverunsailing.org (Select Regattas / Grand Annual / Registration) or may be at the regatta site beginning Saturday, October 6th at 0900. You may pay on-line by credit card using the US Sailing Regatta Network.
- Early registration fee per boat (if postmarked by September 16, 2012) is $40.
- Registrations after September 16, 2012, is $45.
- Junior registration for boats with skipper and crew ages 16 and younger is $20.
4. Sailing Instructions will be available to registrants at the completion of registration.
5. Meals: Brunches are included in the registration fee for both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday dinner will be $15 per adult and $10 per child.
Saturday, October 6th
- 0900- 1100 Registration and Brunch – Twin Knobs East Group Area
- 1030 Skippers Meeting
- 1230 Warning signal for Race 1 with Race 2 and Race 3 back-to-back
- 1730 Attitude Adjustment - Twin Knobs East Group Area
- 1800 Dinner – Twin Knobs East Group Area
Sunday, October 7th
- 0800 Skipper’s Meeting & Brunch – Twin Knobs East Group Area
- 1000 Race 4, 5, and 6 back to back.
- 1330 Awards Presentation – Twin Knobs East Group Area
7. Lodging: Several motels are located close to the lake and in nearby Morehead:
- Comfort Inn & Suites 606-780-7378 1-64 at KY 801 (9 miles from lake)
- Lakeview Motel 606-784-1600 www.caverunlodging.com
- Holiday Inn Express 606-784-5796 in Morehead (14 miles from lake)
- Days Inn 606-783-1484 in Morehead (14 miles from lake)
- Ramada 606-784-7591 in Morehead (14 miles from lake)
8. Camping is available at the Twin Knobs Campground. Reservations are not accepted for this weekend, but there should not be any problem getting a campsite when you arrive. Single sites are $14 per night or $18 per night for sites with electricity.